When families need help to put a meal on the table, where can they turn?
Our Food Center serves more than 450 families in our community! We provide supplemental food and household items that help budgets stretch and get families on a path to wellness.
Not only do we provide help with groceries, but we also encourage healthy meal options for our clients. It’s not just about feeding people, it’s about nurturing their bodies long-term! When you donate food items, we ask that you mindfully choose items that are low in fat, sugar, and sodium.
We believe that providing food can be a spiritual opportunity as well, and each client who steps through our doors has the opportunity to be prayed for and connect with our of our volunteers. In short, the Food Center is a place where our neighbors regularly find physical and relational care! It’s an amazing opportunity to meet a tangible need while also paving the way for future development.
This week is the Fall Food Drive, and we are asking our neighbors to help replenish our shelves so that families can continue receiving support from Streams of Hope!
Items in Need:
- Financial donations
- When you give a monetary gift to Streams of Hope, we are able to purchase the healthy groceries that are needed for our community
- Personal care supplies + household items
- Baby wipes, diapers, deodorant, soap and shampoo, and house cleaning supplies
- Nonperishable, healthy food – think low on sugar and sodium!
- Canned vegetables like corn, beans, carrots, and peas
- Canned fruits like pineapple, peaches, mandarin oranges, and pears
- Baby food
- Dried pasta, healthy cereal, granola bars, and peanut butter
- Diet 100% fruit juices and teas
If your church or organization would like us to come and pick up your donations, please contact Heidi Vanderlaan at . Otherwise, you may drop off food or monetary donations at our office on Thursday, Nov. 2 and Tuesday, Nov. 7 from 10-1p or 5:30-8pm.
Because of your generosity and kindness, 450+ community families will be able to provide healthy meals to their families this fall! Thank you for partnering with us.