Streams of Hope had another very successful Health Fair on September 19th for our community families!
We are thankful for our health partners who made this event possible:
– Bill Paxton, Dr. Chris Shoemaker, Kenneth Kraft, Ken VanBeek, Whitney Rhoades and Dan Armstrong from Exalta Health tested vitals and set up appointments for sports physicals and dental services
– Sally Cory with the Kent County Health Department Women’s Network set up mammogram consultations
– Larry Dodge, Development Director with the Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired conducted vision and glaucoma screening
– The 68th Street Walgreen’s team provided 27 flu shots
– iChiro Clinics provided gift certificates for massages and free consultations
And this year, not only were our families able to receive health testing and schedule health and dental appointments, but our great partner the Kelloggs Corporation in Grand Rapids provided special “birthday gift bags” that were given out to the first 25 visitors. These families were so happy to receive this great gift!
Thanks to everyone for another successful year! We are working toward building a healthier community one step at a time, and this event is a great way to invite our neighbors to stay healthy!